Trying to put my thoughts & ideas down somewhere and give another outlet to my creativity. It's all connected, so I can't say it's a blog about just this or just that. Dolls. Fashion. Art. A little bit on travel, whatever... let's take it wherever it goes...

2013-02-02

Cocktail anyone?

What fun! This super cute cocktail apron pattern was amongst the patterns that arrived yesterday - and it's even unused.



Even more fun - when I examined the sleeve, a piece of folded paper fell out:
 An ad cut from a newspaper, for cocktail aprons by the Swiss supermarket chain Migros. The funny thing aside is for me that Migros never sold alcoholic beverages (they still don't these days). According to the ad, the aprons were made of cotton in "modern colors" with different designs embroidered on.

Looks like the previous owner of this pattern saw the ad and thought she could make this herself, but never got around to. Well, you now have the chance, because the pattern is available in my Etsy shop :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment